Neptunes Water Polo and Swimming Club
VACANCY: Performance Head Coach, Neptunes WPSC, Malta
Neptunes Water Polo and Swimming Club, one of the top competitive clubs of Aquatics Sports in Malta (www.neptuneswpsc.com/) is recruiting a head swim coach with performance coaching background. Established in 1929, Neptunes WPSC is accredited with the Maltese Association of Aquatic Sports (ASA) and Sport Malta. Neptunes focuses on the continuous development of young swimming athletes in two main (Junior and Top) squads of about 40 swimmers. Annual competitions include monthly national time trials along with other Maltese clubs as well as participation in national and international swimming events. Neptunes WPSC also organizes a popular swimming school every summer from July to September for children aged 3 to 15 focused on basic swimming and stroke techniques.
The head coach will help strengthen the position of Neptunes WPSC as a centre of excellence for the provision of competitive swimming in Malta. S/he will join a staff of 3-4 coaches of junior and senior swimmers. The head coach will coach the senior squad and provide oversight to the coaching of all other age groups to ensure consistency of approach and a quality service is provided to all swimmers of the club. S/he will report to the Neptunes WPSC Swimming sub-Committee.
The Neptunes WPSC facilities include an 8-lane, 33.3m x 22.5m outdoor pool and fitness center located in Balluta Bay, St Julians. The pool can be heated in winter months. Neptunes Swimming also makes use of the 8-lane 50m pool and 25m pool at Tal-Qroqq University Sport Complex where national and international competitions are held.
· Plan a coordinated, performance-focused coaching and training program across all swim groups, and coach training sessions for the Senior Squad;
· Organise regular coaching team meetings to ensure swimmer progress and continuity across the coaching team;
· In conjunction with the other coaches, set and monitor performance targets for age groups and squads supporting all swimmers to reach their full potential;
· Plan and help organize local and international training camps and competitive swimming events and support swimmers at these events;
· Provide a swimmer/ coach/ parent education programme focusing on a variety of swimming related topics and lifestyles issues;
· Be responsible for the general improvement of the entire swimming section, with quarterly targets put in place by the Swimming sub-Committee;
· Interact and consult with the Club’s committee, Club’s swimming sub-committee and attend these committee meetings when required; and
· Address any other matters as the Club’s committee and/or the Club’s swimming sub-committee, may advise and direct from time to time.
· Competitive swimming experience;
· A proven track record of coaching with both junior and senior swimmers at club level, within a team environment;
· At least an intermediate swimming coach qualification in own country is required;
· English speaking skills.
· Enthusiastic, committed and experienced individual with sound technical knowledge of competitive swimming
· Excellent communication skills, including:
o mentoring, managing and enabling Club swimming coaches,
o developing positive working partnerships with athletes to continually encourage them to progress towards the next level of their individual development as well as with parents and committee members
· Self-motivated and reliable, able to motivate others
· Professionalism and integrity with regards to representing the club
· Readiness to work unsocial hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends
How to apply
The Club offers a competitive salary reflecting experience in addition to housing expenses. The candidate identified several months ago to fill this position had to suddenly and very recently resign for reasons outside of his control. Neptunes WPSC therefore urgently seeks to fill the position, by 15th August 2022 latest. For further information, please email your CV and names and contacts of 2 referees to Andrea Sammut (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Devi essere iscritto per rispondere a questo annuncio.